cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Selection Lists for one server

jmiles
Level 4

Is it possible to have multiple selection lists for one server? I can't seem to find an answer to this question, or any way to do it in Backup Exec 2012.

For example, I have a file server that has 3 shares, each with 1TB of data in them. I want to break out each of these shares into its own job, so that I'm not backing up 3TB of data on a full backup, but rather have the flexibility to schedule 3 full backups of 1 TB each.

Does Backup Exec 2012 allow any way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

You can do this by creating three seperate job definitions by right-clicking on the same server.. (separate jobs) i.e. 1 for each share.

In backup selections select on the one share that you need and uncheck everything else. (for all three jobs)

You can thn target them to three different devices, schedule them at different times, etc.. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

You can do this by creating three seperate job definitions by right-clicking on the same server.. (separate jobs) i.e. 1 for each share.

In backup selections select on the one share that you need and uncheck everything else. (for all three jobs)

You can thn target them to three different devices, schedule them at different times, etc.. 

jmiles
Level 4

Perfect, thanks Bhavik that is exactly what I needed.