cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Tape Alerts after Inventory

Jeffrey_Walton
Level 4
Hi All,

After I swap in tapes to a PoverVault 132T, I receive the message below. I used to think it was due to Hard Read/Write errors on the media, but it is not the case. What would be some common causes of this issue? The critical below is of concern.

Additionally, the PowerVaulty has completed it's inventory befor I run the BUE inventory.

Also note that this message is inserted between the inventory of slot 2 and slot 3. Is this significant?

A quick search last week turned up nothing on the issue.

Thanks,
Jeff

----- TapeAlert Events -----

Information - The library has been manually turned offline and is unavailable for use.
Robotic Library for Device: DELL 1

Warning - Library security has been compromised.

Critical - The library has detected a inconsistency in its inventory.
1. Redo the library inventory to correct inconsistency.
2. Restart the operation
Check the applications users manual or the hardware users manual for specific instructions on redoing the library inventory.
1 REPLY 1

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
Message between the inventory of slot 2 and slot 3 is not significant. I would suggest you follow these steps and perform the inventory again:

Follow these Steps after uninstalling the driver.
1) Turn the device off.
2) Turn the server off.
3) Turn the device on fist.
4) Turn the server on next.
5) Install the latest veritas driver from following link:

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 - Device Driver Installer (20041101) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20041006) and Robotic Library Release (45) (Intel Only)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273853

Note:Make sure Removable storage services is stopped. SCSI ID 0,1 and 6 should be avoided as they are reserved IDs. Use SCSI ID between 2 to 5.