cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS data backup on tape Drive thru Backup exes 2010 R2

gautam_sanjog
Level 2

Hi,

I have issue of NAS data backup on Tape drive when click on user share selection under it's given Error & other error with no Symantec remote client install on device error comes

Now anyone can tell me how to backup My NAS Device to Direct on tape drive. ( backup exec. version 2010 R2 server edition )

Regards

-gautam

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The warning that there is no remote agent installed on the NAS is to be expected because you did not load the remote agent on the NAS.

You backup the user shares on the NAS as you would shares on a Windows server.  You would have to grant the BESA full access to your NAS.

If you are still having difficulties, do post the error messages.

Do not forget that you still need a remote agent licence to backup a NAS even though you are not loading a remote agent on the NAS.  This is to comply with licencing requirements.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If the NAS devcie is supported by the NDMP option then use the NDMP option (license required)

If the NAS device is not supported by the NDMP option then the comments by pkh apply  i.e. you have to do share level backups and accept that you cannot disable the warning message about RAWS not being installed (again license required for RAWS even though you can't install it as mentioned by pkh)

gautam_sanjog
Level 2

Hi  PKH

attached file when click on under user defined selection .. it's show up me data detail also with No error of authentication .. but when click expand data for selection it;s give listed error

File attaced.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Hmm that screenshot seems to show that you connect to the device itself but could not expand the shares.

What Happens if you create a user defined selection called 

dbffs02\image

Intead of just dbffs02

If it keeps popping up the account / credential list then I would say you need to look at the account permissions

gautam_sanjog
Level 2

hii colin,

DBFFS02 is name of NAS drive ..

Under 2 folder Image & test ..  

same Account user name  & password use which was used to Join Domain ( dbffs02 NAS drive to 2003 server domain ) .. so as per my info no issue of credential.