Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP subsystem

m_lundqvist
Level 3
Hi!
I've contacted you before regarding following error message:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000feb9 - The NDMP subsystem reports that a request cannot be processed because it is in the wrong state to service the request.
Final error category: Resource Errors

(http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=58471)

I've tried excluding user data in systemstate, excluded all .mdb- and .ldf-files, but this error still occurs a few times a week.

Regards,
M
10 REPLIES 10

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-Can you ping the server with IP and Name on which you are getting this error ?

-Check once again if PORT 10000 is open ?

-Is the version of beremote.exe same as version of backup exec ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

m_lundqvist
Level 3
Hi!

- I'm able to ping this server.

- netstat -ab shows that port 10000 is used for beremote.exe

- Versions:
Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers 10.0.5484
Backup Exec 10.1 rev 5629 (updated since we thought this would solve the problem).

Thank you for helping me!
M

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi,

Refer to the following link:

"An unknown error occurred within the NDMP subsystem" or "Selection of the item is disabled. You are not authorized to access this item, a license key for Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers is not installed on this machine, or the Remote Agent is old or incompatible" is received when attempting to select a local or remote system.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/262928

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

m_lundqvist
Level 3
Hi,
We have done the suggested register changes and waits for the job to run this night.

Regards M

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

m_lundqvist
Level 3
Hi,
The problem is not solved, during the Easter holiday the NDMP-error occurred again.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Add the IP address and Host name of the Remote server to LMHOSTS file and HOSTS file on media server and IP address and Host name of the Media server to LMHOSTS file and HOSTS file on Remote Server. To do this, you will need to locate the lmhosts.sam file and edit it with notepad. Add the target servers name to bottom of the file, and save. This might require a reboot for it to get loaded in to the system.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

m_lundqvist
Level 3
Hi,
I've changed LMHOSTS and HOSTS, I'll see next week if the ndmp-error has disappeared.

Regards M

m_lundqvist
Level 3
Hi, out of four backup jobs two has succeeded, the other two has ndmp-error.
Regards M

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Did you make the host file entries on all the machines?

- Do you still receive the same error message?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.