cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need confirmation about Restore

Vamsi1
Level 5

Every Monday to Thursday daily Incremental backup is happening and every friday Full Backup will be happening.

Question  : If any user had deledted the folder(Which contain alot of sub folders and files) on thursady, How to perform the restore of the Full Folder.

I answered : Select pervious Full backup and next incremental backup and run the restores.

Is it correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Yes that would work . But you would need to insert appropriate media for the restore job to complete . When you run the restore depending upon the options you select it would restore the file i.e if you have set the option to skipp the file if it exists it would just restore the file which is missing or modified .similary you can select the option to overwrite the file if it exist.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You need to restore the full backup and then the all the incrmental back from the last full backups .IF you know some file was modified and you want to restore that file , you would need to look into the incremental backup set for that file. hope this helps .

Vamsi1
Level 5

Yes I agree with, But My question is, If the full folder needs to be restore. Then if i select the Full + Incremental backup in the same restore job,

Will it work?

or

The some files or folders will be replaced?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Yes that would work . But you would need to insert appropriate media for the restore job to complete . When you run the restore depending upon the options you select it would restore the file i.e if you have set the option to skipp the file if it exists it would just restore the file which is missing or modified .similary you can select the option to overwrite the file if it exist.