cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help importing database from BE v.11d to v.12

Otaku_Lord
Level 3
I have the BEDB.BAK, BEDB_DAT.MDF, and BEDB_LOG.LDF files.  Now I am trying to figure out where to import them.  Would someone be able to point me i the right direction?  I have been looking for two days now and have not been able to find any info on this.
10 REPLIES 10

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
For migrating database refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/286729

Since you are upgrading from 11d to 12, the upgrade version key  in the registry will be 11.0.7170.0

Otaku_Lord
Level 3
Thank you for the quick response!  I am checking that now.

(((Just for the record though, the server had to be wiped because the original admin only gave the OS 8GB to run.    The system was so bogged down that it wouldn't stay running.  I installed v12 on the newly installed 2k3 server.)))

EDIT:  This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!  Thank you VERY, VERY much!!!

Otaku_Lord
Level 3
I think I hit a snag...  Received the following message halfway through:

Cannot update the job history in the Backup Exec database with the new job log location.  Start C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\BEUtility.exe. On the BEUtility task pane...  etc ad nauseum....

Is this typical or do I need to do something else?

AmolB
Did you get any error code.

Otaku_Lord
Level 3
OK.  Had to rerun BEMIG because I had closed the shell.  Ran through without an issue this time...  Trying to log in but BACKUP EXEC SERVER service is not starting now.

AmolB
Check the event id and error message in the event viewer's system log & application log.

Otaku_Lord
Level 3

This is what is showing:

The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance BKUPEXEC is not valid.

and

The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (1627652097) occurred in object -1.

EDIT:  Looked at ODBC and Backup Exec Catalogs is there....  Hit Configure and Directory is blank...

Otaku_Lord
Level 3
Checked the TCP protocol in SQL Server Configuration Manager.  IP1 and IP2 were listed as active but not Enabled so I enabled them.  Then restarted SQL services.

The service is still not starting.

Rebooted system.

Per Event Viewer:

The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance BKUPEXEC is not valid.
The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (1627652097) occurred in object -1.

AmolB

Try Copy database.

1) Stop the SQL service used by backup exec.

2) Copy the BEDB_DAT.MDF  and BEDB_LOG.LDF from X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data folder to the desktop

3) Start the SQL service.

4) Open BEUtility from X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec and perfrom copy database.

5) For copy database refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/286093

Note: Please take a backup of DATA & CATALOGS folder from X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec before perfroming about steps.

Otaku_Lord
Level 3
Well, boss decided to stick with 11d for the time being.  Soooo...  I have just loaded up 11d and we are sailing smoothly (more or less) on that.

I would like to thank everyone who tried to help me with this though!