Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help regarding 2010 Licenses

rmohite
Level 3
Partner

Can any one help me regarding below license query,

If customer have one Backup Server (ver.2010) & three Linux servers with Oracle application & one single library which is shared with above three Linux servers & backup exec server. The library is on SAN Switch & customer want configuring the Linux server as RMAL to take direct backup of Linux server, so in this case do we need the SSO agent in the environment? If yes then how many SSO licenses we need to communicate with backup server. Or only need the Linux RMAL agent.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

1 x SAN SSO license - 1 server acts as the primary and shares the library amongst the other SAN-attached servers.
3 x Backup Exec licenses for the 3 media servers that will connect to the SAN-attached library via the SAN SSO server. All servers taking part in the SAN SSO need to have full installations on them.
3 x Oracle licenses for the 3 additional media servers.

Laters!

Parag_2
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi,

As per your setup mentioned by you, if you wanted to take backup of all three linux server directly on SAN switch then you will require 4 SSO licenses. As all 4 servers are connected to SAN & sharing library.

Plus I guess you will require 3 no of RMAL licenses, as BE media server installation is noy possible on Linux.

So below mentioned licenses will require.

BE server - 1
RMAL - 3
SSO - 4
Oracle - 3

I will advice you to confirm this with your Symantec SE.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You need the following license
RMAL license -1
BE server - 1
Oracle - 3
Dont need the SAN SSO license

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Any news here?