cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to restore Backup Exec 10d Settings

Dave_Davis
Level 3
Partner
I need to restore jobs and media sets if I can do that more quickly than recreating all of them. We have a good backup of the server. WE were using MSDE with BE. We had to reinstall BE 10d. It has been updated to 10.6, rev. 5629, SP2, Hotfix 43,45,46. This should be identical to BE before the reinstall. All of the info we need should be on the last full and differential backup tapes. Is it possible to catalog the last tapes and restore selected data to the appropriate BE folders?
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Inventory and catalog the last tape that would grab the ..\BackupExec directory

Look for and restore BEDB.BAK this is a backup MSDE file created every night, unless you have changed the defaults

Install BackupExec, then execute BEUTIL and choose "Recover From a File" and point ot the .BAK file

When it comletes all of your old jobs, schedules, media sets, etc should be availalbe in the GUI

Dave_Davis
Level 3
Partner
Thank you Ken for your very prompt response. I just now finished following your suggestion and BE has everything back correctly. That saved me several hours of fiddling with recreating jobs. The procedure I used was:

1. Rename bedb.bak in \data.
2. Restore from tape the bedb.bak I want to use into the \data folder.
3. Run beutility.exe
4. Set up mediaserver
5. Select Database Tasks/Recover Database
6. Select the drop and reload option.
7. Let the magic happen.

That is slightly different from your instructions, but I was able to figure it out from what you gave me. Otherwise I would have been lost. Thanks again!