cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWare Agents Missing in Backup Exec for Windows 11d

Chris_Parkinson
Level 3
Hi there,

For some reason, I can no longer see any NetWare agents in the resource list.  Not only can I not see any agents, but the tree node that I used to find them under is missing as well.  My existing jobs still run, but creating new jobs isn't possible since the server isn't visible.  Has anyone else experienced this?  The resources I have available now are:

All Resources
 - Local server
 - Favorite Resources
  -> Linux/Unix Servers
  -> Macintosh Systems
  -> Windows Systems
 - Domains
 - User-defined Selections

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
chris.

11 REPLIES 11

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Chris,

I would first look in your License Keys and Installations to ensure your licenses are there for the Netware servers.

If they are, remove them and then re-enter them.

Let me know.
Patty

Chris_Parkinson
Level 3
Hi Patty,

Thanks for your quick response.  As for the licenses, I tried removing and re-adding them, but no luck.  I still can't see the NetWare agents.

I did notice something that seems a little odd though.  When I look under Licence Information, I see: "Remote Agent for NetWare Systems - Licenced: Yes - Installed: No".  I'm not sure if that's relevant.

Thanks,
chris.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Chris,
Can you push the remote agent out to one of the Netware servers?
Does it see that the remote agent is already installed?
Let me know the results.
Thanks.
Patty

criley
Employee Accredited
You should check that you can ping in both directions between your windows media server and your remote NetWare server. Ideally, name resolution should be working in both directions..

Also, what version/build of the NetWare agent do you have? Check in sys:\bkupexec\version.doc for details.

Chris_Parkinson
Level 3
Patty:

When I try to push the agent, it sees that there's already a current version on the target server ( "A current version of the Remote Agent for NetWare Systems has been detected on the target server." )

Message Edited by Chris Parkinson on 04-20-200707:05 AM

Chris_Parkinson
Level 3
Chris:

I can ping in both directions, and name resolution is working properly.

version.doc: Backup Exec for NetWare 9.2 Build 1401.3

criley
Employee Accredited
Is the agent loaded and running? Type the following at the NetWare server console:

MODULES NDMPD

Does it list NDMPD.NLM as loaded? If not, issue the BESTART command.

Chris_Parkinson
Level 3
The agents are up and running on all servers, and the NetWare jobs I have set up all ran as usual last night.

I just tried something that may offer some insight.  When I enter the selection list properties of a NetWare selection list, I don't see a tree node for NetWare agents under the "View by Resource" tab.  So changes there aren't possible.  But the "View Selection Details" tab still shows the details, and changes I make there are applied to the job (I just ran a test job).  So it would appear that the agents are working properly, and the may problem lie with the Windows GUI.

criley
Employee Accredited
Hmm, that's weird. Have you tried restarting the Backup Exec services to see if this helps?

Chris_Parkinson
Level 3
I just restarted all services, still no luck.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Chris,

Did you add the servers into tools- options- Netware SMS?
If not please do so and let me know if you can see the servers again.

Thanks.
Patty