cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Restore unknown NetBackup tape

TapeDude
Level 3
OK, so I've been tasked with restoring an LTO3 from an unknown version of NetBackup.

I've installed NetBackup 8.1 on Windows Server 2016 (name: "MyServer", and after doing a phase 1 and 2 import - apparently successfully according to this log in the catalog section of the GUI:

22:24:09 INF - Created bpimport process, pid: 8572
Import phase 2 started 25/11/2023 22:24:11
22:24:11 INF - Importing policy Ad-Hoc_Retention_20, schedule Ad-Hoc-infinity-20 (wint-server-B), media id WC0001, created on 09/09/2015 09:57:32.
22:24:15 INF - If Media id WC0001 is not in a robotic library administrative interaction may be required to satisfy this mount request.
22:24:16 INF - Waiting for mount of media id WC0001 on server MyServer for reading.
22:24:17 INF - Waiting for positioning of media id WC0001 on server MyServer for reading.
22:24:17 INF - Beginning import on server MyServer of client wint-server-C.
05:41:59 INF - Import of policy Ad-Hoc_Retention_20, schedule Ad-Hoc-infinity-20 (wint-server-B) was successfully completed.

05:41:59 INF - Imported 1 of 1 images successfully.

- now it's time to actually restore the data. But when I go into the "restore" tab of the "Backup, Archive and Restore" section in the GUI, I see no mention of wint-server-B or wint-server-C. And in policies I see no mention of Ad-Hoc-infinity-20, either.

What am I missing?? Do I need to create a policy called Ad-Hoc-infinity-20? But would that over-write the "imported" policy?

Do I need to "add" wint-server-C in some way?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TapeDude
Level 3

Well, seems all I had to do was add wint-server-C to the list of source clients in the GUI via actions->Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type->Source client for restores.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TapeDude
Level 3

Well, seems all I had to do was add wint-server-C to the list of source clients in the GUI via actions->Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type->Source client for restores.