cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Logon Accounts list is blank

saxhouse
Level 2
The Logon Accounts list under the Network option is blank. There are several accounts that have been created, but they do not appear to enumerate when the window opens. I can create additional accounts without error and the accounts running the existing jobs are successful, but I can't change the resource credentials in the jobs. I have the verified that the LoginAccounts table in MSSQL, BEDB database lists the correct accounts.

Has anyone seen this?
If so, is there a fix?
If not, what next?

Thanks,
Craig
5 REPLIES 5

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Please repair BEDB database :
1. Open BEUTILITY (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT)
2. Add the Media server a. Right click on All Media Servers and choose "Add Media Server"
3. Right click on the media server and stop the services
4. In C:\Program Files\VERITAS\BACKUP Exec\NT\Data copy the BEDB_DAT.MDF
5. In BEUTILITY Right click on the media server name and choose "Repair Database"
Otherwise, we have seen this issue due to existence of logon account with maximum number of characters.

All Logon Accounts disappear from Logon Accounts UI when you create an account using the maximum number of characters for User name field.

You have to delete the account with the maximum characters out of the BEDB via SQL Enterprise Manager in order for the UI to display the accounts again.

saxhouse
Level 2
Thanks for the information!
1. The database repair did not appear to have any effect.
2. None of the accounts contained more than 16 characters and the field limit is set to 255.

I deleted all but the functioning account, but the list still did not appear.

So, I deleted the only account left and created a new default account. The list appeared and I was able to add more accounts.

Only problem now is that the existing jobs are not accessible. Each job asks for a password related to a "" account.

Is there any way around this? Maybe entering the new account in the jobs table for an existing account relationship?

saxhouse
Level 2
Answer created new direction with new problem related to original problem.

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

Kindly let us know what is the new issue, which has comeup.

saxhouse
Level 2
Decided to recreate the jobs.