cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Library shows up as having only 2 slots?

Matt_Bozylinsky
Level 2
I'm deploying a new backup exec server with a new Quantum Library. The library is a px500 series from Quantum with 30 slots (in removable racks) and 2 internal slots. After installing the library backup exec 10D only sees the 2 internal slots and doesn't recognize that there are 30 more ... the device is configured properly so that it knows it has the 30 slots. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm using the newest tape device drivers pack as well.
3 REPLIES 3

Muda_Ikhsan
Level 2
hi i'm encounter the same problem too.. on powervault t124 from 16 only can read 8

what i did was.. delete the driver from veritas database, the make sure the library is detected on windows level (using the driver from the maucfaturer). you can check this on the device manager.
then i do another device wizard.. and the 16 slots is there..

Matt_Bozylinsky
Level 2
How do I remove the library driver from the Veritas database? I reinstalled the oem driver ... but it still only shows 2 slots ... maybe after removing the driver from the database. I attempted to unistall the tape drivers ... but I think that removes all of them ... and it still didn't show the correct # of slots.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Matt,
You can uninstall Veritas Drivers, but not the Drivers from the Database. Following Article will help you with uninstalling the Veritas Drivers:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/243636

Hopefully that will help you.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.