cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Media Server

Derrick_Funk_2
Level 2
I ran a chkdsk /f this morning and once the system restarted I began to receive the following BE errors in the event viewer 7023, the database specified could not be located.

I've read various articles such as the one regarding MDAC which doesn't apply to me since my OLEDB32.DLL file isn't mitchmatch.

What I DID notice when running BEUtility is that no media servers are listed. When I add the current server "DARK" and view properties all status is unknown.

1. I assume my 7023 errors are related to not having a media server listed?

2. What is the process for re-adding a media server? I can't find an article on it.

If i'm on the wrong track please advise the best way to resolve this issue. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. Go to the :\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT directory (default location), and double-click on BEUtility to run it
2. Expand Known Media Servers, right-click on All Media Servers, select New Media Server, enter the name of the media server or Browse and select the media server, and click OK
3. In the right window pane, you may now select the Backup Exec media server.

The status is seen as unknown when the Backup Exec services are not running.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.