cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Outlook 2003 Contacts available for restore

Jacek_Stefankow
Level 2
Hello Everyone,
One of my users lost his contacts during archiving. At least this is what he claims. Contacts folder is part of the mailbox under Exchange 2000 and should not be archived. Anyway, when trying to restore his Contacts from tapes the Contacts checkbox is not there, doesn't exist. Checked at least 12 tapes, but none of them consists Contacts for this one user. All other users have Contacts available for restore, though.
Any hint will be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Jacek
5 REPLIES 5

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

please try cataloging the data according to the resource view and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh

Jacek_Stefankow
Level 2
I did that but still no Contacts available for restore, only for that one user in question.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify whether the backup was successful from the job log

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh

Jacek_Stefankow
Level 2
Yes, the backup was succesful.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I would like to know if you are trying to restore to the same Exchange server or to a another server ?

Have you tried restoring the whole mailbox for that user ?

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.