cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No idle devices after cancelling job

Andrew_Styler
Level 4
Hi
After I cancel a running job my tape drive is left busy, the only way to make it available again is to restart the services, but this then ejects the tape.

Which isn't much use if the box is in a different location.

I am running 10.1 5629 SP2 HF 43 on windows 2003 SVR R2 which is a DC.

No errors errors apart from :

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:None
Event ID:34114
Date:13/12/2006
Time:08:47:57
User:N/A
Computer:LCG01
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Cancellation
(Server: "LCG01") (Job: "Weekday Backup") The job was canceled by user Recovery.

are recorded.

Whats with symantec removing the email support ?
6 REPLIES 6

Andrew_Styler
Level 4
Great 30+ Hours 100 something view and no replies.

So much for "We believe that this will provide a much richer experience, allowing access to the knowledge and experience of other VERITAS customers as well as to the VERITAS Support Staff. "

Looks like I need to buy a support contract. I thought symantec BE experts view these forums.

Come on Symantec, is everyone in INDIA on hols ?Message was edited by:
Andrew Styler

Olaf_Boettger
Level 3
Have a look to this "Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10.1.5629 Hotfix 42 - Multiple issues *Requires Backup Exec 10.1.5629 Service Pack 2 "

What issue does this hotfix resolve?
1. Unable to cancel an active job. GUI shows job is canceled but it continues to run.
2. Dr. Watson of Job Engine with fault in wcscpy when password protected media is enabled
3. Long Media Labels cause a buffer overrun in Bengine.exe

For more infos show Document ID: 285677

Regards

Andrew_Styler
Level 4
No joy.

I am at : SP2 with HF 43.

This is driving me nuts, it it worth me buying the support, or is the support pants now its outsourced to India ?

Miffed BE user, ooh veritas where did you go.

Do Symantec people ever reply to this Board ?
I am loathed to pay for support if this is the level i can expect.

Sorry it seems Symantec do come on here and post.

"Hello, Could you please Update us on the issue? Thank You, Shweta"

so at least Shweta posts..not useful but posts.

i think i shall be getting my money back and going with another provider if this lack of support continues.

Jon_Etkins
Level 3
> No joy.
>
> I am at : SP2 with HF 43.

It doesn't matter if you have HF43 applied - apply HF42 as well. They're cumulative - higher numbers do not supercede lower until there another SP - and HF42 will fix the problem for you just as it did for me.

I had SP2 and HF's 43, 45, and 46 applied, and had the same problem - see http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=69993&tstart=30. HF42 was (and is) the answer.

Christer_sundqv
Level 4
Hi !

Yesterday i canceld a databas job and got the same msg as you i have 2 drives both was free yet backupexec told me no ready drives .

worked ok after reboot !

im applying HF42 to see what happens hope i dont get a bunch of new problems :)

Christer

Andrew_Styler
Level 4
Woot yay Patch 42 fixed my issue.

There was me thinking SP2 had patch 42 included , also why the hell didn't the updates site ever list patch 42 is a bit annoying.

cheers guys.