Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No restore selections

Benny_Giebens
Level 3

We had BE 10 running.
We Upgraded to 11d version (with sp4).

Since that time we have trouble with BE system. Most urgent problem for me is that even we have succesfull backup jobs, when i want to create a new restore job, i don't see any resource to restore.

I already removed catalog drive, recreated new one and recataloged tape, but still no restore selection.
I already recreated sql bedb from scratch, made backup, no restore selections....

Can anybody have some ideas on how to get this fixed, because i don't know what to do if i have to restore a file now, even with the fact that backup jobs run successfull...

4 REPLIES 4

Lively
Level 5

How old is the backup you are trying to restore?  If it is older than a month, you will have to uncheck the box on the restore job properties to only look in the selected date range.

Benny_Giebens
Level 3

It's 5 minutes old....

I made a test backup of a file and want to restore it immediatly after, but don't see anything...

Ruchi
Level 5
Employee Certified

When you so to reatore window is there a checkbox checked that says

backups starting from date?

Benny_Giebens
Level 3

There are no date filters applied!!!

But i gave up trying to find the error.....
I uninstalled Backup exec completly, removed all directories the had been left behind, reinstalled from scratch (no update).

Tried a backup and look, the restore selection is there and it doesn't take a minut anymore to open the screen new restore job...

So recreated all jobs, did a catalog and now i can select items to restore on a normal way...

I don't like it, but anyway...backup works again correctly.