cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal backup job fail - "Mount failed"

Adam_Simpson
Level 2
During my weekly full backup the fourth job in the series never completed, I had to cancel the job after it had been running for 52hours. The first three jobs completed as normal. All settings for the jobs are to the weekly media set and to "Append to media, overwrite if no media is available"

In job monitor as the job was running it had the yellow question mark, however no alert box had appeared.

When I view the job log it simply says "Mount failed" and "Job cancelled by user"

This error is frustrating for me because all other weekly full backup jobs that had been scheduled as well as the next day's jobs were unable to execute due to the fourth job occupying the tape changer.

Can anyone offer help?
3 REPLIES 3

Alvinesh_Jugun
Level 2
Try changing the media tape you are using.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- What happens when you push the media in the scratch media?

-- Do you receive any alerts durning the backup which you have to respond ok to?

Thank You,

Shweta

Brian_Hammer_2
Level 5
I had a similar problem with a B2D folder.  the job would fail no matter what.  I deleted an older job file I suspected was corrupt.  (both from within BE and then manually thru explorer.)  Then I inventoried the folder, ran a 1 file backup (necessary to mount the folder.)  Then ran a test run of the backup and it worked.