cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northwind was not found, or could not be accessed

Bart_Peeters
Level 3
When we try to backup our SQL 7 server with SP > 3a => I always get the following

Error code:

Northwind was not found, or could not be accessed

Exception code:
The item SEQUEL\Northwind in use - skipped.

The remote agents (backup and OFO) are successfully installed on the remote machine. We don’t backup any files, just the database. Credentials are checked and I believe they are working fine. The backup runs after midnight so I suppose everybody is sleeping then and doesn’t mess with the database. The backup that runs is a full backup, not an incremental backup of differential one.

Are there people who experienced a similar problem and may have a solution for it?

Is it a problem with VERITAS or with the database itself?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Have you installed the SQL license on the media server? Are the backups for other databases wrking successfully? Also check if you get any errors in the event logs? Since when does the problem occur?

Even though it is backed up at night when as you say everybody must be sleeping, do also ensure if anyone has connected to the database and left the office so that it was being accessed during the backup.

Do elaborate on the above questions. If the problem persists do write back to the forum.

However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Bart_Peeters
Level 3
Thanks for the reply on my problem!

We installed the license on the media server. We installed the license in just the same way as we did for the Exchange server. On the exchange server everything is working fine.

I suppose the backup for other SQL databases also works, because the server makes a backup of its own SQL database.

We never managed to make a correct backup of the SQL database. We can backup all the files on the server and so on (with OFO), but the backup of the database seems not to be an option.

Is there a significant difference between the SQL 7 and SQL 2000? Can this create the problem? I will try to make sure that all database connections are closed to the database server during the backup process.

Again, thanks for the answer.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Verify if logon account has all the required rights.

Enable restrict anonymous support on the Backup Exec media server as well ason the SQL server.

Refer the following technote:http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Please keep us updating on this issue.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Bart_Peeters
Level 3
I checked the resource credentials and they seem to be all right.

I also triggered the flags in the registry and verified with the utility that they were set correctly. (I noticed that when I connect to a server using the utility, the status is: Unknown. Nevertheless I can make configuration changes and view the settings of the servers. When I connect to the server were main utility is installed on, everything is fine. But when I connect to a server with an agent, it seems there is something weird with the status. Could this be related with my problem?)

Our backup is scheduled to run at night, so hopefully the problem was caused by the flag in the registry.

Thanks a lot!!!

Bart_Peeters
Level 3
Bad news,

The modification of the registry flag doesn’t work. I also verified the password of the SA-account. Besides this I also checked that no users are connected during the backup process.

Can this problem be caused because of the use of a blank password for the SA-account?

Another question I would like to ask:

If we receive automatic updates from your server for the agents, are those updates automatically installed on the servers that use an agent?

Regards,

Bart

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Bart,

Check from SQL enterprise manager whether you can access the Northwind database and run queries on it.

Also refer to this

http://support.veritas.com/docs/234733

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Bart_Peeters
Level 3
Hi,

I checked this and I can create Queries. So this seems to work fine!

Grtz, Bart

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please follow the below Microsoft document to register the dll file.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830575

Are you using AOFO to backup SQL? if yes then deselect AOFO while backing up SQL

Have to created a network logon account to access SQL?
Is the Backup Exec media server and the SQL server in the same domain?

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.