cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norton Ghost Backup to DVD

Beaglebud
Level 2

Have used Norton Ghost 2003 for several years and decided to upgrade to Ghost 14. Attempted to run my first backup and store the image to DVD. Everything went well until error "not enough storage space on drive" appeared. I was under the impression that it would burn to DVD prompting to swap out disks as needed which is what Ghost 2003 did. According to the help file it is possible to burn to DVD and even lists one of the draw backs as having to swap multiple disks which would lead me to believe that it should span the image across multiple disks. 

My question is "how do you backup your system disk to DVD and span the image across multiple disks?". 

Hope someone can assist as the entire reason I purchased this version was to run faster, better, and easier, but without being able to burn image to DVDs it is useless to me.  Hope there is a solution. 

3 REPLIES 3

OptimusPrime
Level 5

Hello BeagleBud,

Which version of Ghost are you using? Is it an Enterprise version or a Consumer version?

Thanks,

OP

Beaglebud
Level 2

I am using ghost 14 and I am sure it is the consumer version not the enterprise one.  Have found no information to solve my problem so if you have any, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

OptimusPrime
Level 5

Beaglebud wrote:

I am using ghost 14 and I am sure it is the consumer version not the enterprise one.  Have found no information to solve my problem so if you have any, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ok. These boards are for Symantec Enterprise products. For the Symantec Consumer products please go to community.norton.com.

Message Edited by OptimusPrime on 07-08-2008 05:02 PM