cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to browse Local or remote selections

roberto_salas
Level 2
Hello all,
I have a problem that I just noticed two days ago. All of the backups have been running ok and I'm even able to do some restores.
I am trying to do a new backup but all of the local or remote selections don't have anything under them. The Agents are running, I've even try to reinstall the some agents but still no show.
I'm able to browse the servers under My Network Places and I can ping them too. I don't have any error messages on the current backups and they are working ok.

Any Ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Roberto!

Have you installed any new softwares?

Because VERITAS Backup Exec is unable to see backup selections when certain RAID controllers are installed.

Also check under which account the Remote Agent Service is running.

Do revert back with details.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.Message was edited by:
Swati Joshi

Chris_Barath
Level 2
My qustion is similar:

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=61690&tstart=75

Do you know if there is a list of what RAID controllers may cause this problem?

Also, what do you mean by this?

"Also check the under which account the Remote Agent Service is running."

I do not see a service with that exact name under Windows 2003 Server.

Thanks!

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Chris!

For RAID controllers, please visit following technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/243968

And i meant to say "Also check under which account the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers" is running? "

Thanks and Regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

David_Jennings
Level 5
I am having a similar problem w/ my installations of BE as well. The Remote Agent service is running using the Local System Account and the BE Agent Browser service is running under the account in AD that was set up for the BE to access the network.

roberto_salas
Level 2
I have not install new software....
It was working ok probably last week (last time I created a backup job. I checked on User Rights Assigments, remote agent account, chaged password on domain logon account (which I'm using - it has admin rights to everything, along with being a domain admin too).
Still not able to see nothing under local or remote locations.

Roberto

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We would like to konw whether the port 10000 is being used by any other application other than backup exec on all servers

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.