cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all mailboxes available in restore window - Exchange GRT

Joe_Church
Level 2
Backup Exec 12.5, Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 NON-R2

Backup jobs are working fine, no problem.  I have a GRT job that runs twice per week to do a backup of Exchange 2007.  Someone asked me to restore for a specific user and when I try to find that user in the restore selections list, his name is missing.  I see all of the other mailboxes under each info store, but the user I need to restore for is not listed.  None of the jobs have failed or reported any error or warning.  Why would one user be missing from the restore selections?  I even tried a search catalog, still not found.  Its like it doesn't see his mailbox.  

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

sarah_smith
Level 2
Certified
Hi Joe,

Please check if only one  user is missing or more then one from the restore selection list. If so then make sure that your backup exec software is completely patched up and the updates are pushed out to the exchange server. after that try a fresh backup of exchange and just verify if u all all the user listed.

SymTechie
Level 4
Employee Certified
In current scenario I guess your backups are on tape. You may duplicate that to Disk and you will be able to see all the mailbox's and can try the restores from there for now.
For future backups you need to run live update and install the SP3 and all the hotfix's after that. Then need to update the Remote agent on the exchange server
Make sure the version of BEREMOTE.EXE should be same on BE server and exchange server
Try the new Backups
You may be able to see all the mailbox's now