cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not backing-up Microsoft Exchange Server

Austin_Gates
Level 2
I just realized that my Veritas Back-Up Exec. Version 9.1 has NOT been backing-up by Microsoft Exchange Server. Is this function available on the 9.1 version or do I have to buy a new version??
5 REPLIES 5

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Do you have a license for the Exchange agent?

If you do, then use it.

If not, you will need to purchase it. Unfortunately, you cannot get the 9.1 Exchange Agent through the usual channels, you may want to try eBay.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Austin,
As stated by Joshua, you would need to enter the Exchange agent license key to backup the database.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
In addition to trying to find a v9.1 Exchange Serial on EBAY or ISellSurplus.com, if you have the disk space available, you could schedule an NTBackup job to dump Exchange to disk, and grab that with a BackupExec flat file backup

Austin_Gates
Level 2
Thank you so much for the helpful information. This is such a great resource. Have a great Friday!! :)

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us whether the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.