Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Novell SMS errors were encountered.

Roman_Lenarsic
Level 3
Partner
Hello

We have Veritas Backup Exec for windows V10 with SP1 and other post SP1 patches.
We have also latest remote client agent for Netware.
On windows everything works fine.
When we want to backup Novell Netware 6.0 SP5 we get following errors:
-(Server: "VRTACA") (Job: "NWCOMA.Novell Directory/COMA-TREE/Schema:") This backup set may not contain any data.
Backup of "NWCOMA.Novell Directory/COMA-TREE/Schema: "
-(Server: "VRTACA") (Job: "NWCOMA.NetWare File System/NWCOMA/Server Specific Info:") This backup set may not contain any data.
Backup of "NWCOMA.NetWare File System/NWCOMA/Server Specific Info: "

We also get a lot of errors like:
Begin Novell SMS errors:
Wed Apr 13 23:48:39 2005
Error 0xFFFDFFB1 occurred when the program attempted to read extended attributes for SYS:Novonyx/suitespot/docs/samples/directory/.

What could be the problem ?

Regards, Roman
4 REPLIES 4

pat_noordsij
Level 2
We too are seeing this issue.. We backup 4 netware servers, 3 are nw 6 and one nw 6.5. All 6 servers are patched to the latest releases. 2 of the netware 6 boxes have the issue. both are the boxes that were upgraded from netware 4.

Begin Novell SMS errors:
Sat Apr 23 06:37:43 2005

Error 0xFFFDFFB1 occurred when the program attempted to read extended attributes for DATA:.

I've upgraded all the tsafs stuff I can find on the boxes but I can not get rid of these errors.

Any ideas out there?

- pat

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

-- Apply the latest Novell Service Pack on the Novell 5.XX server and then re-configure the Smdr Group

-- Regarding the '0xe000feba' error, please let us know if you are using Open File Option to backup open files on the NetWare server. This error occurs if you are trying to backup open files on the NetWare server.
To backup open files on the NetWare server you should have the Open File Option (OFO) or close the files before backing them up.

Please refer the following technical document to resolve the '0xFFFDFFB1' error:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/274294

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

pat_noordsij
Level 2
actually it isn't answered.. I am not using OF manager. I did copy the files to these volumes from other older existing hardware. I do not have the space or time to make copies somewhere else and copy the files back so I can not verify the assumption in the TID