cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of concurrent operations

Eddie_Wilson
Level 4
I am running Backup Exec 10. On the configuration tab for a Backup-to-disk folder there is a field for specifying the number of concurrent operations ranging from 1 to 16. The help does explain what this is used for. Does this apply to the number of different jobs that can write to the folder at the same time or does this apply to the number of resources in the job that can write to the folder at the same time?
3 REPLIES 3

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
It's the number of different jobs (backup/restore) that can write to the folder at any 1 time.

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
Yes, John is correct its number of concurrent jobs but it hardly makes any difference because being the B2D as a target there could only be single I/O operation and thus you dont actually get the concurrent backups i

hinks2000
Level 2
I disagree with Ashwin.
Our strategy involved a backup to disk to tape. We incorperate a 4 SATA drive RAID 0 for performance. We use RAID 0 (no redundancy) for performance only to get the backup windows down to about 2 hours on 22 servers. Using the concurrent feature for disk brought my original backup to disk backup down from 6 hours to 2.5. Hope this helps. The reason for the time saving is simple for us, some servers can backup faster than others so the disk array can handle more data than a single server.
Hope this helps.