cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFO

John_Rasmussen_
Level 3
hI 2 QS

1. Server with oracle, for the moment I stop the oracle service before the backup and start it again after the backup.
To skip that can I just install the veritas agent for Oracle, or should I also install the open file option?

2. Server with lotus notes, I 've installed the notes domino agents, for the moment I also stop the lotus service before the backup ans start it after.
But sometimes, the service does not start correctly. To skip the stop and start, should I just install the open file option?
3 REPLIES 3

Kerm
Level 5
You should get adequate backups with the Oracle agent. If you're having trouble restarating Notes you may be having a seperate problem there. If you're havign restarating Notes from a command procedure, be sure you leave some seconds between multiple steps (if there are seperate steps) to allow time for completion. Do you have the option of letting Oracle perform a backup to disk and then backing up that?

OFO is not a perfect solution to open file backups. Read the methodology carefully and start with it expecting to spend some time (and disk space) to get it working correctly.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Can you elaborate as to the exact information that you need regarding the Advanced Open file option. What are you backing up when you start/stop the Oracle service? It seems that you do not have the Oracle agent installed and that you have installed the Lotus agent.

The Advanced open file option is used to backup open files for which backup exec does not provide an agent. For more information, you can refer to the following technote:

Title: What is the intended use of the Open File Option and the Advanced Open File Option?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263784

Yo can additionally also download the Administrator's manual for 10.0 from:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/269777

In case this does not answer your question, do revert with details. If you wish to purchase the AOFO option, you can contact our sales team at:

Hope this helps. In case we do hear from you within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.