cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasional MAPI errors backing up Exchange

digitlman77
Level 5

BE 2010 R2 with the latest hotfixes as of 1/3/2010 installed.

We are backing up to a deduplication folder.  Server is 2003 std x64.

RAWS clients are all up to date per the last hotfix.   The Exchange server is 2003.

Occasionally, I am getting:

Backup- \\EXCHANGE.local\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-766 - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials. Review the resource credentia...

V-79-57344-766 - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials. Review the resource credentia...

It appears that I can still restore info just fine.

Is this something I need to worry about?

How can I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64095

Hope this helps..

digitlman77
Level 5

I have looked at this and none of those apply.

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

The first thing is if the jobs are failing intermittently then please verify at what time & when the job fails is there any known behaviour also while doing the exchange backup the online defrag on exchange should not be going at same time if that is the case please schedule it to run at some different time also make an exception for antivirus were you backup job are going to like to which backup to disk folder & also make exception for C-temp on media server

2 Also you can try making new account & add it in domain admin & administraotrs group & also give exchange administrator by going to system manager for exchange & right click on organization to click on delegate control & give the right mention above & then make a mailbox & activate it by sending email

3 Then add that account in network log on account & then try to backup see if that works fine is that stable or it is intermittent

Thank You