cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On going BE12 issue, seriously need help fixing this :(

ElementalWindX
Level 3
This has been going on for months and thank god our data hasn't needed a restore. Whenever my backup exec 12 tries to backup the only exchange store on the server, it blue screens the server causing it to cycle off then back on, and logs these errors at random. 0008821 0008488 0008485 00084F8 00084EE. This has been over a span of a couple months now. I seriously need to get this fixed =\.Now I have another backup drive that backs up an entire partition perfectly fine every week. Both jobs backup to a USB Seagate hard drive. I've tried two completely different hard drives. I've even completely reinstalled BE and recreated the jobs.This is on Windows 2003 SBS SP2.BE12.0 rev1364
7 REPLIES 7

teiva-boy
Level 6
BE is up to date as well with all relevant patches and updates?

Many times a BSOD is from some sort of driver.  It would help if you can identify which.  Sometimes it's on the BSOD screen, or it's in the event viewer.

May want to see if you need updated chipset drivers too for your USB chipset/motherboard.  If Intel, it's pretty common to install the intel_inf update files.

ElementalWindX
Level 3
Yes it deals with the ide drivers for nvidia. I've tried newest drivers, oldest driver, and inbetween drivers. This use to not crash. BE worked perfect for almost a year before this started happening.

All the updates have been performed on BE thru live update. I don't know if all the relevant patches have been done?

teiva-boy
Level 6
Wow, you know something like nVidia..  I dont know, I just wouldnt trust it unless I had rebuilt it to rule out something.  I usually feel much much better when using an Intel based board, they may be slower, or may have less features, but they just work.  This just based on personal experience when it comes to servers/workstations.  I'd even take an AMD chipset over nVidia just for stability sake.

Best you could try is to remove the nVIdia drivers altogether, and use Microsoft's default drivers if possible.  It'll slow performance, but it's usually a generic driver, that is pretty stable.  

ElementalWindX
Level 3
Yea I took over managing a company that the previous IT guy did. He built the server and all the desktops from AMD crap. I manage 100~ servers and I benchmarked this server versus various others I manage and this is THE slowest server among my fleet. *sigh* I tried microsoft generic driver in hopes of that too =\

ElementalWindX
Level 3
nobody knows huh? :(

ElementalWindX
Level 3
Bump to the top. I hope someone has the answer...

GDaddy
Level 3
Make sure any kind of built in Nvidia firewall / firewall driver is turned off or uninstalled.   I think it was one of the default drivers included in the driver package for Nvidia chipsets.  The Nvidia firewall will bsod your computer all day long with it on.  They never fixed it.  I'm not sure if its a bios option as well.  I guess it depends on what mobo you have.

Did you get a copy of the minidump to debug it?  Does it have something along the lines of nvtcp?

Hope that helps.