cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One job fails with communication problems but jobs after stay queued

Caspan
Level 2
I have 6 jobs that run at night each one per server. My backups are done every night. On a reocuring basis we get a job failed because of a communications problem. The problem is that it's ok i understand that that job failed but then all the jobs after that job are in the queued status and never start. So not only did the one fail but every one after that. do i have some setting set that if one fails for network reasons don't run the rest. Why are my other jobs not running?
2 REPLIES 2

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,
This may happen if the first does not finish within the time span given for it to complete. If the second backup job was suppose to start after the first job completion as per a schedule then ensure that you have given ample time for the first job to complete. The schedules should not clash with each other that means the first one should not go beyond the starting time of the second job. this may also happen if the device used for al the backup is same and the device is occupied at that same time with the first job.

You can also use the automatic cancellation option to cancel the job if it does not finish within the time slot specified.

We hope this will help.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Assuming the solution provided is correct. Also, there is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas