cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10G backup

joe256
Level 2
Afte upgrading from 10d to 11d on windows server 2003 I have had problems backing up my oracle database using the BE agent.  I uninstalled the old remote and oracle agents on the database server, pushed out the 11d remote agent.  Attempting to configure the oracle tab within the remote agent utility, when selecting "OK" the oracle user does not have sufficient privleges error pops up.  The new 11d admin manual does not seem to even have the privledges listed that are required.  I am using documentation from 10d for those requirements.  I am using the same oracle user I have successfully used in the past.  If I ignore the error and create a backup job, the archive folder in the selection list actually has more files in it then the actual folder on the server.  Has anyone had any issues like this?  Any input would be great.  Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Brendan_Foley
Level 3
Make sure that the agent on the Oracle server has the proper credentials to the database. Also, make sure that the ORA_DBA user group is set up properly so the agent user is a member. Another thing to keep in mind is your sqlnet.ora file- the authentication type needs to be set to NTS.