cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle DBA-initiated jobs fails with Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed

Marek
Level 3

Hi,

Oracle DBA initiated job on Linux RHAS4 fail with the error given below. Media Server is on Windows 2003 server.

RMAN errors are given after BE job errors. Running rman script starts a backup job in BE and it fails soon (status: QUEUED,

current operation: Backup Scan). Remote Agent is working, password are correct.   

Have you any idea what is the reason ?

Job ended: Thursday, 19 April, 2007 at 13:22:32
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly.
Final error category: Security Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65065

Access is denied to Remote Agent.  Check the login account for the specified device.

Recovery Manager10.2.0.2.0

using target database control file instead of recovery catalog

allocated channel: ch0

channel ch0: sid=280 instance=dwh2 devtype=SBT_TAPE

channel ch0: Symantec/BackupExec/1.1.0

Starting backup at 19-APR-07

channel ch0: starting full datafile backupset

channel ch0: specifying datafile(s) in backupset

including current control file in backupset

channel ch0: starting piece 1 at 19-APR-07

released channel: ch0

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============

RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch0 channel at 04/19/2007 13:05:58

ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="08ifie31_1_1", parms=""

ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error

ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:

BEError(0xe0001018) Authentication failed. Verify that the Backup Exec Remote Agent is running on this remote computer. Verify that the authentication credentials that are specified on the media server for this remote computer are valid.

Recovery Manager complete.

18 REPLIES 18

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Marek,

This would indicate that the account you are using is not set up properly on the Media Server.

To do this you need to go to tools - options - Oracle

Select Modify list and ensure that you have your Oracle account listed here for the proper Oracle Server name or IP.

We would suggest using the "Oracle" account for this, it should have the rights needed. Yet this account does need to be the same account you entered when you ran the agent config on the Linux server.

Patty

Marek
Level 3
Thank you for quick reply,

But I have defined the oracle user on media server just the way you and manuals say.
It's the same user as defined in Remote Agent utility. In both cases I used IP address of Linux machine.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Is this a RAC or Failsafe?
Also, can you sign into RMan using the account?  Then attempt a backup with the db account?

Marek
Level 3
It's a 2 node RAC, but I would like to use only one node to make backups. The account oracle work with RMAN properly - it's even seen in RMAN log.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Are you seeing the virtual name? Or the DB Sid?

There is a read me located in the Help - Readme Files that have specific instructions on Oracle RAC.

Please look at this and perform the instructions stated there.

Thanks.
Patty

Marek
Level 3
I have red this readme before and applied it. The db was discovered properly by the media server and I can see all tablespaces there. The problem is with DBA-initiated backups.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Did you run the Agent config as root or Oracle?  What db account are you using?  Can you test with sys to rule out any issues with the account?

I would also recommend running a backup of the server itself to rule out any communication issues, can you backup a file on the Linux box?

Patty

Marek
Level 3
I run the Agent config as root. I defined there a dedicated database account "rman" with sysdba privilege.
I have just checked that Linux files are backed up properly.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Can you try it with SYS?

Marek
Level 3
But the problem is not with a database authentication and privileges. RMAN connects correctly to the database and want to write backup (have a look at logs on my first post) to the tape but it fails.
There must be a problem in communication/authenticaion between Remote Agent and Media Server.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Right Marek.

You can backup files with Ralus, so we know that communication is happening on the standard ports.

There are only a couple of differences that happen with Oracle.

1. The account has to be the same on the media server in the modified list as it was configured on the remote server during the agent config process. The Oracle Account. Also, keep in mind that the account name is what matters, the account name in Backup Exec has to be Oracle not the user name.
2. It is going to use port 5633

It has to be one of the two items above.

Patty

Marek
Level 3
Hi Patty,

The Linux oerating system user called 'oracle' is the same on the media server in the modified list as it was configured during agent config process. On the database I created a user 'rman' and it was also configured during agent config process. In the Backup Exec Logon Accounts there are both oracle and rman (account name and user name are the same for them). When I login to BackupExec and want to browse the resorces in backup job properties under Oracle Real Application Cluster I see 'RAC-dbname-dbID'. When I drill it down
I receive:
Failed to access RAC-dwh-2562883109
Logon account: System Logon Account
Then I need to choose manually account oracle. Then I can see below Oracle Database "dwh" [open].
Than again when I drill deaper I receivemessage:
Failed to access Oracle Database "dwh" [Open]
Cannot start an Oracle session. Check that the logon credentials are correct, and have sufficient privileges.
Then I need to choose account 'rman' and finally I can see all tablespaces in the database.
Is it correct ? Should'nt theese accounts be taken automatically ? 

I cannot give to the rman user give oracle name, as you suggested because there is oracle account for operating system.

Marek
Level 3
Hi Patty,

Have you red my last post ?
I have still the same problem with Oracle dba-initiated backups.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Marek,

Please run SGmon.exe and select the database for backup, this will show you what it is trying to do.

Once you see what is occurring in the background, it may give us a better idea on how to correct it.

Patty

kapoor22
Level 2
I am getting the same error message - beerror(0xe0001018) - when executing the DBA initiated backup job. The same job completed successfully when executed from within Media server.

How do we fix this issue?

kapoor22
Level 2
I am getting the same error message - beerror(0xe0001018) - when executing the DBA initiated backup job. The same job completed successfully when executed from within Media server.

How do we fix this issue?

kapoor22
Level 2

Here is the script and error message (had to mask relevant data). Could you please help us to diagnoise this issue?

RUN {
 ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch0
     TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';
 SEND 'BSA_SERVICE_HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,NBBSA_TOTAL_STREAMS=1,NBBSA_JOB_COOKIE={xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx},NBBSA_DB_DEVICE_NAME=Oracle-Linux::\\RAC-oraj-9999999999\oraj';
 BACKUP
     INCREMENTAL LEVEL=0
     FORMAT 'BE_U'
     DATABASE FORCE PLUS ARCHIVELOG FORCE NOT BACKED UP;
 BACKUP CURRENT CONTROLFILE
     FORMAT 'BE_U';
 RELEASE CHANNEL ch0;
 }

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-03002: failure of backup plus archivelog command at 11/20/2009 17:02:16
ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="BE_U", parms=""
ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
   BEError(0xe0001018) Authentication failed. Verify that the Backup Exec Remote Agent is running on this remote computer. Verify that the authentication credentials that are specified on the media server for this remote computer are valid.

kapoor22
Level 2
Here is the fix for the issue.

The fix is not to provide parameters in the rman script. So for the script that was erroring out,  the workable script will look like -

RUN {
 ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch0
     TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';
 BACKUP
     INCREMENTAL LEVEL=0
     FORMAT 'BE_U'
     DATABASE FORCE PLUS ARCHIVELOG FORCE NOT BACKED UP;
 BACKUP CURRENT CONTROLFILE
     FORMAT 'BE_U';
 RELEASE CHANNEL ch0;
 }

Just don't mention the following line in the rman script:
 SEND 'BSA_SERVICE_HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,NBBSA_TOTAL_STREAMS=1,NBBSA_JOB_COOKIE={xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx},NBBSA_DB_DEVICE_NAME=Oracle-Linux::\\RAC-oraj-9999999999\oraj';

This information will get picked up by rman from libobk.so file in $ORACLE_HOME/lib.

Hope this information is useful to anyone who gets the same error.