cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle backup fails on BE 2010

Agust
Level 5

Hello,

I just updated my backup server to BE 2010 and now I seem to be unable to back up oracle servers. When I do run the backup I get the following error:

Final error: 0xe0001402 - This server name is not in media server's authentication list. Enter the server's fully qualified domain name and logon account into the media server's authentication list. Server names in the authentication list are case-sensitive.
Final error category: Resource Errors

This error is however wrong since the servers I am trying to back up are in the specified list.

I have checked and double cecked the settings mentioned in the following link http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH49608&actp=search&viewlocale=en_U...

I am pretty sure the settings are correct since they work fine when run on a 12.5 backup exec server and client.

Best regards,

Agust.

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Check if  the system logon account and the defualt is  are same or not -- update the system logon account to match the default account
-- checked tools > Options > Oracle > Modify List...
-- added servername and server IP to the list using the default account

See if that helps

Agust
Level 5

I have done all of this and it does not work (except I did not use the IP-address I used server name). Even though the same settings work fine if I use a 12.5 Backup Exec Server.

So to reiterate the settings are correct with regards to a 12.5 backup exec server only when I input those settings into a 2010 server they do not work. And before you ask I do put in the correct backup exec server name.

Agust
Level 5

This issue is still not resolved.

I seriously need help with it.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Oracle is on windows or linux ?

Agust
Level 5

on windows

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

On the Oracle server, open the Remote Agent Utility, click on the Database access tab.

Make sure you have enetered "domain\administrator" in the credentials.

Also enter the same credentials in the modify list on the media server.

EDIT: I belive you have already tried the above steps. Try using FQDN and IP address of

the Oracle server in the modify list.

Agust
Level 5

Already tried this!

And it did not work.