cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize files/folders for backup to disk

dbennett
Not applicable

Hi there, I have an iOmega NAS and have setup on backup server via iSCSI for backup storage. I have 2 DB servers and 2 VMWare hosts that I need to backup. The software is licensed for this. I am having a hard time finding a way to seperate the storage for the jobs. Right now the files are just going directly to the root of the drive and I dont have a clue what files are for waht backup etc... Is there a way to split it up into folders or even define the file name on the jobs to add the server name in front of the file name or...?

Any ideas would be aprretiated.

Thanks
Derrcik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

In Backup Exec 2012 you can create one disk storage per volume and yes in 2012 as like older version of backup exec it does not display the bkf files ,but why would you want to see which bkf files are for which server from physical location ,as backup set under each server in Back-Exec would give you that information .

In this case either you can have 2 disk storage on 2 different disk but you can create multiple folder on the same volume or give a file name

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

In Backup Exec 2012 you can create one disk storage per volume and yes in 2012 as like older version of backup exec it does not display the bkf files ,but why would you want to see which bkf files are for which server from physical location ,as backup set under each server in Back-Exec would give you that information .

In this case either you can have 2 disk storage on 2 different disk but you can create multiple folder on the same volume or give a file name

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You are trying to manage your media when there is no need to.  Read my article below which is written for tapes, but is equally valid for disk media

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/must-mondays-backup-be-monday-tape