cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP's ending with code 96

Carlos_V
Level 6

Hello everyone

Somebody can help me to check where is the reason about the status code. Last week we had to  insert on the library 100 cartridges to minimize this kind of errors, but today I see the same error. Could be I don't have the enough STU, but I need to know if is this the reason. Which is the log to check this?

May be I have to organize my SLP's, someby have any idea about how can I do it?

As can you see, this are the messages about it:

22-abr-2015 5:00:59 - requesting resource LCM_media_server01-hcart-robot-tld-0
22-abr-2015 5:00:59 - granted resource  LCM_media_server01-hcart-robot-tld-0
22-abr-2015 5:01:00 - begin Duplicate
22-abr-2015 5:01:00 - started process RUNCMD (pid=27132102)
22-abr-2015 5:01:01 - ended process 0 (pid=27132102)
22-abr-2015 5:01:01 - requesting resource media_server01-hcart-robot-tld-0
22-abr-2015 5:01:01 - requesting resource @aaaaj
22-abr-2015 5:01:01 - reserving resource @aaaaj
22-abr-2015 5:01:02 - end Duplicate; elapsed time 0:00:02
22-abr-2015 5:01:02 - Error nbjm (pid=25231436) NBU status: 96, EMM status: No media is available
22-abr-2015 5:01:02 - Error nbjm (pid=25231436) NBU status: 96, EMM status: No media is available
unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available  (96)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Check available_media output (in netbackup/bin/goodies on the master server).

Ensure media in robot 0 is correct density (looks like it should be hcart) and that the pool specified for the duplications has enough tapes if you do not have a Scratch pool.

We have in the past seen that newly added media was for some reason added as DLT instead of HCART.

Best to check available_media output on a daily basis to ensure sufficient media is available.

Media or Tapes Written report will tell you amount of tapes written by media servers.
Run this every day for last 24 hours to get a usage trend.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Check available_media output (in netbackup/bin/goodies on the master server).

Ensure media in robot 0 is correct density (looks like it should be hcart) and that the pool specified for the duplications has enough tapes if you do not have a Scratch pool.

We have in the past seen that newly added media was for some reason added as DLT instead of HCART.

Best to check available_media output on a daily basis to ensure sufficient media is available.

Media or Tapes Written report will tell you amount of tapes written by media servers.
Run this every day for last 24 hours to get a usage trend.

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please follow the virtual assistant for the SC96

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=answers&type=wizard&wizardid=NBU090&wizardstepid=1A&question_box=status+code+96

anwin
Level 2

Hi Carlos V,

Like Marianne said " available_media " should give you the tape details for each pool.

It would also be helpful to check it regularly to avoid this error. You could add this as a cron tab entry so that it runs every 24 hours and get the output to a file or your mailbox.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Anwin 

anwin
Level 2

Hi Carlos V,

Like Marianne said "available_media" should get you the details of the tapes present in each pool.

You could also check this regularly to avoid this error in the future.

You can also add this as a cron tab entry so that it runs regularly every day and gather the outpt to a file or your mail box.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Anwin 

Carlos_V
Level 6

Thank you so much for your comments, when added the new tapes I did it using pool by pool, except on the scratch pool. I think that was my mistake

Have a nice day.