cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite Backup to Removable Disk does not work

Corrado_Labin1
Level 2
Hi,

I've setup a backup to removable disk (Iomega REV) with Veritas BE 9.1.
My media overwrite protection level is set to "None".
My media overwrite option is "Overwrite recyclable media ... before overwriting scratch media".
All my media (bkf files) appears as owerwritable (in blue color) in media window.

Anyhow new bkf files are added to the REV disk at every backup.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Corrado
3 REPLIES 3

Level 3
Hi,

This is in response to your problem statement

Create one more job and while setting up the job , on device and media tab under the option when the job begins

if you have chosen the option append media , overwrite if no appendable media is present.

then the append period should be kept Infinite and Overwrite protection period should be 0

Also increase the size limitation of the bkf file to which you want to append the backup job so that the same file can accomodate the new job and it doesnot create a new file.

try it out with this option and it should work.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

In addition to the previous reply,

When taking backup to a Backup-2-Disk folder the '.bkf' files which actually hold the backups are created by Backup Exec itself. The user does not have the access to create these folders and files.
Alternatively if a backup job that is setup to Overwrite is targeted to a Backup-to-Disk (B2D) folder which does not have any recyclable media in it
then the job will create a new .bkf file. This is a normal behavior that is
dependent on how the Media Set properties have been configured.

Why are multiple .bkf (Backup-to-disk) files being created for Backup-to-Disk jobs?

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/248751.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Regards,

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply