Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Problem

Juerji
Level 2
hi guys,

here is another issue:

we have 3 2003 sp2 servers, one with tape, two with remote agents.
everything was fine until we activated the 2nd NIC on one of the remote servers.

now the performance went down from 800MB/min to 2MB/min.

did anyone had the same problem?

thanx again for your help...

juergen
2 REPLIES 2

Greg_Meister
Level 6
As a test, create user-defined selections to a single NIC on each server. See how that affects throughput.

IsraelLopez
Not applicable
Hi,

Im still trying to figure out a similar problem like this.  I was able to Backup at a rate of around 1800MB/min, now the server can only backup at 30-25MB/min.  What gives?  I did the cursory look around the forums for an appropriate course of action, Maybe a Technote, or a set of troubleshooting steps.  I wasnt able to find much...

Ive created separate backup jobs to make sure its not just the Job itself.  No change.

I used procmon and procexp from sysinternals to get a 'view' of what the beremote.exe is doing on this server, and it doesnt seem to be having any problems...  In the perfmon MMC it doesnt look too bad in regards to pages/sec or page faults/sec and ive benchmarked the disks to 70MB/sec read, and 50MB/sec write. 

An FTP transfer of the data yields the appropriate results, upload at 20MB/sec (capped because the FTP server is a desktop box).

Here is an image of how the beremote.exe behaves while backing up. 

Any ideas for me to try out?

-IL

Message Edited by IsraelLopez on 03-23-2008 07:15 PM