cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions issue with B2D on NAS

MoonsOfJupiter
Level 3
I have an Iomega StorCenter Pro 150d that I'd like to use for backup to disk with BE 11d. I created a user (sysadmin) on the NAS (which creates a user share where the sysadmin user has full control). I created a matching account in BE.

When I try to create the B2D folder BE tells me that access is denied. I can browse through the network to locate the share, and use the B2D tool to create a folder on that share, but it won't let me complete the B2D folder creation.

Where else would I need to set permissions. The NAS is pretty straight forward, I tried using its public share and giving that account full access for that.

Iomega Tech says that their system is running fine and that this is a software issue.

BE 11d is installed with build 7170 on Windows SBS 2003. I can create a B2D folder on an XP desktop with a shared folder just fine.

Error = Unable to create new backup folder. Access Denied

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Hi,

The account that is using to create the B2D folder is the service account.  You will need to set the services to use the same account that has the permissions on the share of the NAS.

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez
Advanced Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Hi,

The account that is using to create the B2D folder is the service account.  You will need to set the services to use the same account that has the permissions on the share of the NAS.

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez

MoonsOfJupiter
Level 3
So, I need an account set up in BE that matches the account setup on the NAS that has rights to the folder/share in question?

I have done that. I have a sysadmin account setup on the NAS and I created a service account in Backup Exec that has the same username and password as the NAS account (sysadmin). I set the account to be a global account, although I tried it as a restricted account as well.

I still get the Access Denied error.

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The account that I'm talking about is not the one that you set within Backup Exec that is used to authenticate during backups.  I'm talking about the services in windows.  The Backup Exec services must be configure to start with an account that has the permissions on that shared.

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez

MarkusRo
Not applicable
Is it possible to have multiple service account names? I can't seem to change my service credentials. I am trying to log into a server on a differnet Domain. How can i do this?