cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Tape stuck in Drive (BE 8.60)

Level 2
Hi All,

I have a major issue with one of my HP Tape Libaries working with Backup Exec 8.6.

Everytime I load up backup exec it thinks that there is a tape stuck in the drive and it keeps trying to dismount it and move it to an available slot. The problem is. there is NO tape stuck in the drive. I have used HP's L&TT and the library and tape drive are all up and working perfectly fine and showing exactly what it has (1 Tape in one slot and NO tape in the tape drive) From this Utility I can can move the tape in an out of the drive without any problems, but as soon as I load up Backup Exec (After restarting the services) it shows the same thing over and over again. I have rebooted the server and reinstalled drivers, and still nothing changes.

This is stopping the Backups from running the scheduled backups. This is become rather annoying seeing that I cannot think of anything else to do.

Has anyone come across this and fixed this problem ?

Thanks in Advance
1 REPLY 1

Level 2
Just fixed the problem.

I went into HP L&TT and manually placed a tape in the drive and then went back into Backup Exec and there it was. It saw the tape. Dismounted it and is now allowing me to backup.

Hope this helps someone :)