cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Volume Library Drive not found

newtothis
Level 3
Anyone any idea .
I am trying to use a new tape.  I have run the inventory. The media label shows the correct bar code. The properties show 8 mounts already.
What ever I try I get V-79-57344-33035 - Error - Mount Failed  , followed by the above message.
I know I must be missing something but what????
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Ja, that would be 100% correct.
I'd go with the latest drivers for the version of BE you're using, and then reapply and see if that fixes it.
Otherwise, feed back...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Hi there,

Does your tape drive show up correctly in BE if you go to Devices? Have you run the Device Wizard to see if there isn't an issue with your drive?
What hardware is it? If it's an autoloader, ir should be showing the drive below the robotics. The Device Wizard does allow you to reassign the drive with the robotics if need be (Tools --> Device Wizard).
You can also check and make sure that Removable Storage isn't started up for some reason, as this causes issues.
Finally, you can:

1. RUn the driver install from within Backup Exec itself again to reapply the drivers;
2. Restart the services after scanning for hardware changes in Device Manager in Windows.

newtothis
Level 3
Hi,
The device is a Dell Powervault 124T.
Everything appears OK, device wizard checks out.
Looking for removable storage.

Oh and last night it wrote to Wednesday's tape and ignored Tuesday's.??  doh!!

This morning I tried enabling bar coding, ran inventory; and all slots with a tape in come up with 'incompatable storage media detected in robotic library'.

CraigV
What labels are you using? What's the drive type, and what type of tapes are you using?

newtothis
Level 3
Drive type is LTO 64k. Tapes are LTO3.  Labels?  look like standard bar code labels to me?

CraigV
Do they show LTO3 at the end, or something else? If they're incorrect for the tape type, you will get an error like above. Are they put on correctly?
Is the tape drive an LTO3 as well then?

newtothis
Level 3
They show L3 at the end; which I presume is the bar code suffix? The tape drive and tapes were acquired on Dell's advice so I have to assume they are correct?

CraigV
Ja, that would be 100% correct.
I'd go with the latest drivers for the version of BE you're using, and then reapply and see if that fixes it.
Otherwise, feed back...