cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Give Us Back a Useable Downloads Page

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Please give us back the previous easy to use and intuitive page

Did you do ANY user testing before releasing the redesigned page? or did you just accept the developer's word that it was really cool?
3 REPLIES 3

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I agree. The current one is rubbish compared to the previous version.

You can't see the date it was posted.
You don't need "E-Mail this document to a colleague Symantec Backup Exec" in the summary.
You can't see the filename in the summary.

And plenty more...

Ed_Fries
Not applicable
I used to think that almost any download interface would have been better than the way it was, however I can now see that the new Symantec has managed to make it worse in every way. Hard to imagine that someone accepted it as an improvement.

How about:

1. Ability to sort by SP's by release date.

2. If no #1 then at least show the release date as part of the summary.

3. The actual goal is for Symantec to release and mark/number/label HF's as POST SPx so that we can see only the HF's that need to be installed given a SP level. (The Symantec line about only installing HF's as needed is crazy, there is no possible way Symantec can test stability with any combination of HF's applied.)

4. Allow the text to expand in the download description to match the browser window size. The wasted white space is enormous.

5. Allow the user to set the # of downloads to view at once. Reloading 5 pages of 10 listings is just stupid. We should be able to see them all and sort them all. (The short listing is also a major shortcoming in the forums display.)

6. Allow multiple downloads to be combined.

Al_Capone
Level 4
Hey Hey Can you imagine... Symantec sucks more than Veritas...

Thanks
Al Capone