cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP!!!!

John_Mitchell
Level 2
I had BE 10 installed on a windows 2003 server, all worked fine then all of a sudden had problems with Remote Agent Errors (see log)

We now can't back up anything at all so situation is getting desperate.

Job Log......
Job ended: 15 May 2007 at 13:39:04Completed status: FailedFinal error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.Final error category: Resource ErrorsFor additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

I have trolled through dozens of support pages and tried the obvious all to no avail.
Done a complete re-instal and had 2 other Network Administrators look at the system and found everything as it should be....
If anyone has had this problem before I really could do with your help to resolve this issue.
Thanks
John Mitchell

1 REPLY 1

Jon_Ziminsky
Level 4
Things to make sure of, i am sure these are the things you describe as "obvious".

Target machine is pingable
Remote agent service is running on the target server
Ports are open on the remote server/firewall not blocking
Reinstall agents on target
What changed on your network prior to the failure? Anything... Patches, new software deplyment...