cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me With a Solution--Need A Product That Can Do This

frivers
Level 3
My organization currently uses BE11d which we use to backup to various NAS shares.  I also have CPS installed and running on our application and Exchange servers respectively.  However, we're acquiring another small company with remote offices spread-out through 2 counties.  We do not currently have the infrastructure in place to host their servers, so in the meantime I need a backup solution. 

To avoid the cost of dupicate backup software and equipment for all sites, I'm purchasing a SAN and an AIT-2 tape drive as well as a backup server that we will host at our corporate office.  I want to somehow backup each remote server over the VPN.  Can I do this with my current software?  I know I may need to purchase more licenses, but can I backup the sites over WAN? 

As far as connections go, the least common denominator is a rural site with a 768K DSL line.  We're only talking hundreds of MB of data, so it's not a whole lot that we have to push across the WAN.  Is this feasible?  Can it be done with 11d?  What else do I need to purchase?  Is CPS an option as well?  I need your help, please!
0 REPLIES 0