cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please advise

Vincent_chua_2
Level 3
HI,
I have 2 x W2K Servers, 60 x Clients and a HP NAS.

I am intending to backup all clients; pst and my doucments; open files to the NAS seamlessly without the user intervention.
The 2 servers, I only want to backup SQL database, which is in 1 server and the other only the files to the NAS.

1) Do I need to purchase Remote Agent for the NAS?
2) Can I just install Backup Exec in the one of the server and do a backup to disk to the NAS?
3) I will purchase the following, please check will I miss out anythings?
a) Backup Exec 10d
b) SQL Agent
c) Adv Open Files Option
d) 60 Desktop and Laptop Option
3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_Hawkins
Level 2
Vincent

You should install Backup Exec onto the NAS box, you can then use the one remote agent on the SQL server and obvioulsy with the full product installed you can backup the local NAS files to disk.

Gareth

Aleks_Maksimovi
Level 3
The remote agent is not required on a NAS. If you want to backup to NAS just create a backup to disk folder pointing to the NAS. If you want to backup files from the NAS you backup via "USER-DEFINED SELECTIONS"

In regards to the remote agent. With each database agent you receive a remote agent. For example if you purchase the SQL agent you will receive a remote agent with the SQL agent.

Hope this helps!

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

If you install BE on NAS, you need to purchase 1 SQL Agent and 1 Remote agent. SQL agent includes one remote agent license.

Also note that AOFO license is required on per Server basis.

For Agent pricing and other sales related queries, please contact our local sales office. You can locate them using following url:
http://www.veritas.com/us/aboutus/contactus/sales_na.html

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.