cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please tell me how to uninstall 2012 SP1a

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

I go to the Installed updates but no option to uninstall, The product worked better before I put this on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

No you can't. If you go into add/Remove there is no option..

I was just reading the Tech note

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186717

Uninstalling this Service Pack
This Service Pack cannot be uninstalled.

I will have to uninstall the whole product.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Biker_Dude
Level 5
Employee

What is the problem(s) you are running in to the BE2012?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

You can add remove programs on win2003 or program and features  on win2008 ,click on install updates on left hand side on program and features & you can uninstall sp1 for BE 2012

You cannot uninstall it from backupexec itself so above steps would help you to remove it.

Thanks

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

No you can't. If you go into add/Remove there is no option..

I was just reading the Tech note

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186717

Uninstalling this Service Pack
This Service Pack cannot be uninstalled.

I will have to uninstall the whole product.

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

Yep. Problem is I am running 2012.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

It would still be helpful to know exactly what your issue with SP1a is that you did not have with 2012 before you applied it. If customers have issues and don't tell us what they are then we cannot fix them.

_Bugs_
Level 5

Don`t you have a QA Department for testing this very expensive product? Why should customers test your product when you can do it for your own?

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

Ok. The reason why I applied SP1a was the services started hanging. I googled and found that SP1a resolved this.

I'll try to remember all the issues I've had since installing SP1a

I am unable to check and clear alerts. The errors range from 'Unexplained error {0}' to unable to connect do you wish to disconnect and if I click yes I need to reboot to reconnect to the local CAS which is the machine I am logged onto.

I can do one query on the tape unit. If I try to do anything like an inventory it hangs and eventually times out. To see the slots again I need to reboot.

I tried to setup a new job after installing SP1a but it just sits there queued or sometimes doing snapshot processing. I can no longer cancel any jobs. Reboot seems to be the only way.

Job history used to work well. Now every other time I try to view a job history I get a time out (Where it comes up 'loading job histories' with disconnect button) or an unexpected error.

martinus
Not applicable

hello,

after an evaluation period of 30 days which was ending...today i bought backup exec 2012 with sql/app agent, deduplication and so on.

during the evaluation period my sales person told me that i wasnt able to fix all issues, because i couldn't get support because i didn't have a license *yet*. strange; you can't get an evaluation to work right.you won't get support because you didn't buy yet....but then when you bought it: it doesn't work and it's crap.

after some time evaluating be2012, deduplication and so on..i was able to make a full backup of 1 of my databases (150gb or so excl. translogs etc)., i am not able to make a full, or incremental anymore..

i had installed the sp1a update also..but still nothing... i've opened a support case....but at this moment i don't have a working backup anymore...

hope someone at symantec gives answers soon else i wont pay the invoice i receive from my supplier;-(