cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policies-Export Question

Phil_Bryan
Level 3
I've setup 5 separate policies using the Grandfather, Father, Son scheme. I've set my weekly and monthly backups to export the tapes after the duplicate backup from SAN disk to tape is done for each. I figure I can save a lot of time looking in the logs if this will start export jobs automatically. I'd like to come in Monday morning and pull the tapes from the library. But these exports will probably start on Sunday when I'm not at the office to pull the tapes from the backup library. My question is if some duplicate jobs to tape have not started yet before some export jobs, will the Export jobs prevent the remaining duplicate jobs from running until the export job tapes are removed.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Any job may fail only iif:

It does not find the appropriate media in the targetted tape.

If some other jobs are running an there is no available drive.

In the first case you will recieve an alert asking you to insert overwritable media and in the second case the job will be in queue.

In your case the cancellation or running of your jobs will thus depend on the scenario.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.