cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Resources

Isaac_Gardner
Level 3
I have Veritas running on my 2k3 server. It has the exchange and sql server licence. It is planned that it will backup an SBS server over the LAN. The SBS server does not appear in any of the selection lists. Nor does it appear in the Domain when you start a discover resources job. It does not appear in the includes or excludes list eventhough all other computers on the domain are present. I have attempted the "discover resources" with and without the remote agent installed on the SBS server to no avail.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers
zac
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The Windows 2003 SBS server and teh Backup Exec server are in the same domain?

Please note that it is necessary to install teh remote agent to backup the remote server?
-- After installing remote agent verify if the remote agent service is running under local system account on both the servers.
-- The account which you are using to backup the remote server should have local administrator right on the target server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.