cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy & template rules

Jason_Eisel
Level 4
Bear with me on this one:
I have a daily differential backup job which runs every day at 5:00 pm. Each Wednesday, a weekly full backup jobs runs. This weekly full job must run after the daily differential job. These two jobs are controlled by the same policy.

I would like to set-up a rule forcing the full backup to run immediately after the daily differential, but only on Wednesday's. If I set the schedule in the full backup template to "Run according to schedule and run according to rules for this template" and set the schedule for each Wednesday at 5:00 pm, and also provide a rule stating "After daily differential completes, start weekly full" will the weekly full backup job run every day after the diff job, or only on Wednesdays after the diff job?

If there is any confusion with this post (and I am expecting there will be) post your reason why and I'll try and clarify myself. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

Kevin_Woodward
Level 2
Jason,

Create two differential jobs within the same policy.
One differential that runs all nights except Wednesday.
One differential that runs just Wednesday night, and is attached to the full via rules (upon completion run full).

This is what we did before rules were available and maybe someone else has something more elegant, but this will work.

-Kevin

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello Jason,

Please let us know if Kevin's suggestions helped you. If you have any further queries, please let us know of the same.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.