cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port to open on firewall from Backup Exec and Remote Agebto for IBM Lotus Notes

balacche4
Level 3

Hi,

I install a firewall between Backup Exec 2010 R3 server and Remote Agent for IBM Lotus Domino server.

Before the installation the BE-SERVER and REMOTE AGENT run ok.

Now I try to open this port on the firewall:

6101        TCP
3527        TCP
135        TCP/udp
6103        TCP
10000        TCP
6000        tcp

But when I go to install Remote Agent I receive an error.

Errore di connessione al computer remoto. Verificare che il computer sia disponibile, non sia bloccato da un firewall e che il servizio WMI sia attivato. 10061

Sorry but I have italian language installation.

Can we help me plese?

Thanks

Marco

12 REPLIES 12

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Marco,

Check the TN below and make sure you have actually opened the correct ports:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.tech49563.html

Also, refer to the TN below on that error you're receiving:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH177317.html

Thanks!

balacche4
Level 3

Hi, thanks for your answer,

but I opent all this port:

6101        TCP
3527        TCP
135        TCP/udp
6103        TCP
10000        TCP
6000        tcp
6106        TCP
6102        TCP
441        tcp
162        tcp

1125        TCP
1434        UDP
1434        TCP
88        UDP
3106        tcp
3106        TCP
445        TCP

and install agent locally (2° link) but the agent already installed.

But I receive the same error:

Error connecting to remote computer.  Ensure that the computer is available, has WMI enabled, and is not blocked by a firewall.10061

Can I do?

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you checked to see if any antivirus installed isn't perhaps blocking this?

Thanks!

balacche4
Level 3

There isn't antivirus.

Before I installed the firewall worked.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Looking at your list, you have not enabled a range of ports for the NDMP Data connections. The range needs to match what you have configured in the Backup Exec Network and Security settings (default is 1025-65535)

Note: whatever range you use is recommended to be at least 30 ports to provide the capability for multiple resource sets.

balacche4
Level 3

Hi Craig,

thanks for your answare.

I have this:

120px_rete e sicurezza.png

I set personalize port and opent they?

balacche4
Level 3

I open this port TCP 1025-1030 on the firewall and set on the backup exec but I receive the same error!

Colin_Weaver

Well that does not meet the  "at least 30" requirement you should set it to 1025-1055 to be at least 30

However it should at least have allowed you to maybe get the error later in the job and not at the start of the backup processing so you have something else being blocked

You may have to look at what your firewall can log in terms of denied traffic to see if you can identify the ports .

Colin_Weaver

Are you installing the remote agent software across the firewall or do you have it already installed but cannot create jobs against it.

If installing the remote agent then as a workaround suggest you do a local install of the agent instead of trying to push the install.

The push install of the agent needs access to the default Microsoft ports for accessing shares, in addition to remote WMI and RPC capability, if you cannot enable all the requirements (because of security controls) then you will have to do local agant installs instead.

Note: The range of ports I mentioned earlier  is needed for when you actually run backups and not for the push install.

balacche4
Level 3

I open ports 1025-1055 tcp but I have the same problem!

balacche4
Level 3

in the documentation I see this:

Push Install — Check for conflicts in message queue for CASO which is part of beserver.exe

Can I do to check conflicts?

Thanks

Colin_Weaver

If you already know that turning  off or opening all ports on the firewall lets you do what you are trying to do then your best bet to identify the fault area is to look at denial logs on the firewall when it is enabled.

Equally if you know it works  with all ports on firewall open (or firewall disabled) then it is unlikely to be the message queue within CASO