cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post command : several different commands possible ?

Steve_Roh
Level 2
Hi all,

I would like to execute a batch script on a particular server as a post-command after a backup. The problem is that there's already a post-command (net start wins) which is executed on every server.

My question : is it possible to execute a particular post-command ("net start wins") on every server and an other post-command (a batch script) only on one of this server ?

Thanks for your answer,

Steve
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Not if thery are all backed up in the same job.

You could have two jobs, with the second Appending to the first, and run a separate CMD file with the needed commands only on the second

Steve_Roh
Level 2
Thanks for your answer.

Can you tell me how I can setup a new job which appens directly to the first one ?

Regards,

Steve

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
In the job definition, specify either "Append" option and make sure that you specify the same media set  that the first job of the night uses

Steve_Roh
Level 2
Thanks again for your help !

I'm starting with the administration of Backup Exec and didn't found where to append this job to the other daily job.
This new job is configured to the same media set. What I want to do is to avoid having to configure the start time for this job, I just want that it start immediately after the first job.

I don't find in the job properties where to configure it.

Regards,

Steve

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
If you want one job to start immediately after another, the best way is to use a policy.
Another method might be to set the second job to start while the first job is still running. If they are both directed at the same device, the second job should go into a "no devices available" state until the first job finishes.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Or you could create a POST job that starts the second using BEMCMD

Policies is probably the best way

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 04-24-200708:03 AM