cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Upgrading the Remote Agent from the 9.1 version to the 11d version

Michael_Ellis_2
Level 5

I have done this on a couple of hundred servers, but this one had trouble.  I also cannot reboot it at will because it is a cluster node.

The upgrade of the agent failed.  The service on the client was still pointed to the old executable (in the RANT Folder), which did not exist. Uninstalling it using Add/Remove Programs did not work. I tried to install the old version so I could try the uninstall again and the installation failed.

Using the SC command I deleted the existing service and created a new one that points to the correct executable. It seems to be working and the Backup server is able to communicate with the agent. A backup has been successfully completed and the ones that failed are being run now.

This is working, but I do not think that using the standard remote installation (Pushed from Backup Server) or manual installation (Copying the RAWS32 folder to the client and running setupaa from the command line) procedures will work.

This fix will get me through the weekend, but I would like to fix it correctly?  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Michael_Ellis_2
Level 5
Trying to stay on the front page so someone will take a crack at this problem.