cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem backing up one of the clients

Logan_Burt_2
Level 3
I am using Backup Exec 10, rev 5484.  I recently added a client to backup, but every time I run a backup against it, all it will back up is the Server Specific Info; it will not back up the C: drive.  In the event log, I get Event ID 34113 with the following message:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "BECLIENT")(Job: "JobName") JobName - The job failed with the following error: The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

I have verified that the user ID that the job is using had administrative rights to the client.  I logged into that client as the userID I am using for the backup, and I can access the entire file system through Windows Explorer, so I know the user ID has permissions to the file system.  I have tried running the job as another administrative user, and I have tried running the job using OFO and without using OFO.

I don't understand why I am getting this error.  Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your help

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you logon to the media server  as the BackupExec service account, can you map the remote client's shares and access the data?

Is the RemoteAgent installed on this new client?   is it advertizing properly?  http://support.veritas.com/docs/275418   doesn't exactly reference your error, but tells you how to set advertising